Intro to HTS/Schedule B Classification
- Understanding the HTS/Schedule B classification system.
- Learn what the GRI – General Rules of Interpretation are and how they are used on every classification.
- Learn the difference between a Schedule B & HTS number.
- Understand how to use the CROSS- Customs ruling on-line search system.
- Review instructor based specific classification examples.
How do you know the classifications used by your customs broker or freight forwarder are up-to-date? When was the last time you received training on classification? Relying on a customs broker or freight forwarder without little or no input from the importer/exporter is not using due diligence or reasonable care. How can you prove to customs that you used due diligence and reasonable care when determining your classifications? You will have these questions answered and more during the training.
This program will help you begin to understand how to use the Harmonized Tariff System for imports and the Schedule B listing for exports. We will learn and review the 6 GRI- General Rules of Interpretation used to classify every product. After the training you will know where to go for help and what to look at when beginning to look at your own products. Why not learn how to begin that process and keep your company in compliance?
Who should attend
Traffic managers, purchasing managers, shipping/receiving personnel, compliance officers, sales managers, customer service managers and anyone involved or concerned with international shipments.
Fee: No Cost